Monday, July 18, 2011

1908 Piano Table

Okay......so my husband, son and I dismantled this 1908 piano.....Yep!! Never thought I would do somethin like that....but I did it,.......and in that,.. I have used alot of the pieces to make different things....
...One of them is....a Table......It started like this:
These were the legs that came off of each side below the key frame..........

LOVED the detail of the legs.......I debated on how to use them cuz I wanted them to show themselves well!

then......this is the door that was positioned below the key frame area and just above the foot pedals so that when you opened it, you could see into the bottom area of the piano.
I always get sooooo excited to start painting  that I forget to take the "before" pics....so by the time I remembered to take these pics, I had already started painting.....ooops!!
But hey, now you see that I use the Annie Sloan paints!!!
oh yeah.....love my Annie Sloan!!!! :))

AND.......THIS is what I got when I was all done....very nice!! I love it.......:))
Annie Sloan Duck Egg Blue.....with Dark Wax......and a lil Cream Latex paint used for highlights......:))
Love Love Love
...........the Legs turned out very purrrrty!!!...........

Here is another pic of the table in some indoor light....
.....see how the Annie Sloan Dark Wax worked into the color......

Look for me to post some more of the Piano parts that we used for other pieces!!!! Its been fun....:))

No comments:

Post a Comment