Thursday, July 21, 2011

My Fav Bench so far......

I LOVE makin benches out of headboards/footboards now!!! Love it....I saw it somewhere (forget where) once upon a time ago....and so we tried it...and this is what we got............
We took the footboard....cut in half.....secured it to ea side of the headboard.....and....there ya go! Then, we found some old siding for the seat....sanded down....................and you got yourself a pretty neat bench!!
So.....we wanted to do it again............
this time........we found a Jenny Lind frame!! Loved it!! again.....cut, secure..make frame....create seat.......
Bing...Bang.....Boom...........MasterPiece!!! This one was, of course, done in Annie Sloan....first Graphite on the rings......then Duck Egg Blue on the body.......then a watered down wash of Old White
*********************************************************************************

********************************************************************************

Then..........to top it off.............a generous coat of Annie Sloan Clear wax for a sheen like no other!!
*****************************************************************************************************

Oh yeah.....She's a beauty and we will be doing many many more!!!!!!!

3 comments:

  1. OK - I'm lovin these. I have seen this done more times than I care to mention but YOURS have class and style!! Love em! Where are you located??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Sadie, I have always wanted to do this! Thank you for such a kind posting on your FB page! I am such a nerd I can't see where I can comment on your page....I am also blonde LOL! I am following you here though and thank you!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete